Until a few years ago, recording your sports or social memories in “hostile environments” could turn into a feat worth telling in an epic poem. Thousands of euros were needed to acquire a sports camera in conditions and without the certainty that it would survive a day of skating with the beasts we call “children”.
Since then our world has evolved. Infinitely smaller and compact Best Sports Cameras 2019 have revolutionized the market and have been made with it, enabling the use of these small devices by the population.
Tips to buy the Best Sports Cameras 2019
Sports cameras allow us to record almost without realizing any activity without fear of destroying them, thanks to their resistance. These small machines can with everything we throw at them, in any circumstance and in any environment. In addition, its multiple accessories allow us to incorporate our sports camera to any surface. We can position it on our helmet, on the dashboard of the car or on the handlebar of the bicycle … We can even use it on the horn of our unicorn while we walk pleasantly through the countryside with it!
The use of sports cameras has become so widespread that there are thousands of models of dozens of different brands, so the choice of a sports camera becomes very difficult if we do not have prior knowledge of the basic characteristics needed to have or have we can come to need. Therefore, once again, from this direct computing blog we want to make your life much easier, and that is why we offer you this small guide to buying sports cameras, in which we indicate that you need a sports camera to be effective and cover all our needs, as well as the best models of sports cameras that currently exist in the market.
But what should we take into account when choosing a sports camera?
In direct computing we have the certainty that when choosing a sports camera there are a number of essential tips, everything that is added to those tips will be appreciated, but without the presence of the basics the sports camera can make water. Our basics are seven:
The quality with which you will record the activity is essential. Currently there are sports cameras capable of recording at 4K resolutions. However, if you do not have the option to play the recorded on 4K devices, you will not be able to appreciate the resolution improvements in playback. That’s why we believe that acquiring an action camera capable of recording at FHD resolutions, 1080p is ideal.
The frames per second (fps) is another feature to be taken into account, since they will indicate the frame rate that the sports camera will be able to record in a second. The higher the fps, the sharper the movement of the recorded objects. Ideally, between 120 fps and 240 fps.
We must make ourselves with a resistant action camera, capable of looking death in the eyes in any situation. Some cameras include the weatherproof option in their standard features, and are able to withstand any environmental condition without the help of additional support. However, today, most sports cameras still need covers to get the off-road certificate. The case or protector that the action camera includes as standard must be able to withstand blows, dust or water.
Field of view.
One of the most important aspects of any sports camera. The angle of view of the camera will allow us to record almost panoramic images, with an angle that will generally oscillate between 150º and 170º. The more degrees of vision, wider images for the memory.
It is useless to have an incredible image of our memories if they are not accompanied by a spectacular sound, right? The sound quality is not usually very good in sports cameras, enough to enjoy our videos without going crazy. Ideally, the sports camera that we acquire has the possibility of connecting an external mic that improves the sound.
Essential. The portability of the action camera will always go hand in hand with the autonomy of it. The sports cameras usually have a range of a couple of hours in general, at maximum performance. Acquiring a sports camera that includes a second battery is a factor to take into account when choosing an action camera.
It is not an essential factor, but one to take into account when choosing a sports camera. Ideally, the camera that we acquire has the possibility of connection via WIFI and HDMI.
Size, weight and shape
Imagine that the sports camera you are planning to purchase meets all the requirements indicated up to this point, but it measures fifty by fifty centimeters and weighs three kilos … Not very useful and comfortable to transport, no?
The size and weight of the action camera is essential. The lighter and more compact, the easier it will be to transport it and the longer we can carry it without being a brutal burden.
These are our essentials, and these are the best options we can find at Amazon:
1 Victure Sports Camera Wifi 4k Ultra HD 20MP Action Camera Aquatic 40M with 2 Batteries
This off-road action camera is capable of resisting everything we throw at it. You can record at 4k resolutions and take pictures with a resolution of 20 megapixels. It also has a wide angle of 145 degrees, along with a 2-inch screen, connectivity via WiFi and HDMI and a 1050 mAh battery, with an extra gift. This sports camera is capable of submerging up to 40 meters deep.
- 【Video 4k HD and 20mp】 With the new generation of nt96660 chips, the action cam can record in full hd 4k and take photos of 20mp resolution; with a wide viewing angle adjustable up to 170 …
- Incorpo Built-in Wi-Fi and HDMI】 You can transfer the vdio or photos via wifi or hdmi from the camera to your mobile or TV; easy to edit and upload on facebook, youtube, twitter, …
- 【Multifunctional】 Record timelapses, continuous shooting, timer triggering, ISO sensitivity, 4X zoom, immersion mode, night mode; The compact sport camera will help you remember every
2 XIAOMI Mi ACTION CAMERA-Best Sports Cameras 2019
This Xiaomi sports camera is a great machine. Capable of recording at 4K resolutions, it has a 2-inch LCD screen and a 1450 mAh battery, which makes it one of the most autonomous sports cameras. The only one that we can find, and for being fussy most of all, is its field of vision since its wide angle is only 145 degrees. Really we will hardly be able to notice difference in a video or in a photo with respect to cameras that record with a higher angle, but it is a data that subtracts. You have the possibility to connect via WiFi or bluetooth and its price is € 100.
- Recording of 4K video at 30 fps, 1080p at 100 fps and 720p at 200 fps; Captures high resolution photos 3840 x 2160 pixels
- 7-element wide-angle lens with up to 145 ° vision with aperture f / 2.8 and electronic 6-axis image stabilizer
- Sony IMX317 sensor, Ambarella A12S75 chip that allows the reduction of noise in 3D photos and correction by distortion of the lens
3 GoPro Hero (2018)
The little sister of the HERO range, is the low-cost action camera of the GoPro brand. However, do not be fooled by the low-cost denomination, since it has features capable of competing with mid-range or high-end sports cameras from other brands.
This sports camera has a 2-inch touch screen and is capable of submerging, up to ten meters deep. The recording resolution of this camera is FULL HD and it is capable of taking photos at a resolution of 10 megapixels.
- 2-inch touch screen – Quickly switch between modes, get the perfect shot and take a look at your content on the 2-inch touch screen
- Submersible and resistant – Resistant and submersible up to 10 m, your HERO reaches where your smartphone does not reach to capture all your adventures, without problems
- Voice control – Control your HERO without using your hands with simple voice commands, such as “GoPro, record video” or “GoPro, take a picture”
This sports camera is a monster of action cameras. This high-end camera is designed to work almost alone. Capable of being controlled by voice commands, this sports camera can record at 4K resolutions and take 12 megapixel photographs. This model has improved its sound system, incorporating higher quality microphones, which significantly increases the quality of the sound. It has a 1220 mAh battery and a 2-inch LCD screen. In addition, it is capable of withstanding immersions of up to ten meters without a carcass.
- The HERO7 Black predicts your movements and corrects that of the camera to deliver incredibly fluid content. It is as if you were using a stabilizer, but without using it.
- Share experiences that you can not capture with your phone. The HERO7 Black is resistant, submersible without casing at 10 m and is ready for any adventure.
- Live the moment. Control the HERO7 Black with voice commands such as “GoPro take a picture” and “GoPro record video”.
5. APEMAN A80
The action camera APEMAN A, 80 has a 2-inch LCD screen. It is capable of recording at 4K resolution and taking photos of up to 20 megapixels. Its field of view is 170 degrees and can be connected through Wi-Fi or HDMI. It has a 1050 milliamp battery and includes another one as a gift.
- 4K / 20MP & 170 ° Wide Angular Adjustable. Take photos of 20MP high quality and ultra HD video with professional 4K technology. The 2.0-inch LCD screen and the wide-angle professional lens …
- Waterproof up to 40m & Incorporates Anti-shake. Equipped with the improved waterproof housing, this camera can be submerged up to 40M. Built-in intelligent gyroscope for anti-shake and …
- Built-in WiFi & HDMI output. Easily share and edit videos and images. With the free App (OK Cam) on your smartphone or tablet you can control the camera in real time. read more on Familytents